SME and Channel Manager
Here at Appointedd, we’re on a mission to be recognised as the best online booking system in the world by enabling anything, or anyone to be booked (or requested) in as little as two taps! We’d love to hear from driven individuals who would be interested in helping us achieve our goals! 🌎
Who are we?
Appointedd was born in 2011 when our founder and CEO, Leah, then a busy magazine editor, found herself unable to book an appointment with her hairdressers (and who hasn’t been there?) She saw a gap in the market for an easy online booking system.
From that idea, Appointedd has grown into an industry-leading product, powering everything from small hairdressers to multi-national household names, and supported by a team of 24 ambitious, talented people in a lovely Edinburgh office overlooking the iconic Castle.
Our company is being built by a team of incredible people, from a diverse variety of backgrounds. Our very own CEO started out in the theatre business; we have teachers, accountants and authors in the teams – all of whom bring their own skills, creativity and passion to Team Appointedd.
We value the individual and encourage personal growth. Appointedd’s CTO was hired straight out of university as Appointedd’s employee number two!
What will you be doing?
We are looking for a driven and experienced sales manager who can come in, hit the ground running, and shape an entire department in line with our wider growth strategy – and things are moving pretty quickly.
As a business, we are in a really exciting phase of growth right now, having more than doubled the size of our team in the last year. That growth is set to continue, and as the person leading the SME arm of our sales function, you will be responsible for scaling up the operations in that department in order to keep pace with the rest of the business.
We would expect our new SME and Channel Manager to be hungry for a new opportunity and ready for a big step up. We are looking for someone who isn’t phased by the challenge of stepping into newly created position and is excited to shape that role, as well as the team around it.
You will be integral in devising and executing a strategy to extend Appointedd’s SME market share, spot and close opportunities for growth through direct and indirect sales, help the sales team convert leads into deals, and make a direct and lasting impact on our growth targets.
Put simply, you’ll be someone who hustles to keep us ahead of the game, and has fun doing it.
Role and key responsibilities
- Take responsibility for your team, their performance, and reporting on activity within SME markets.
- Help plan our long-term strategy for SME, and execute key actions.
- Proactively look for ways to optimise processes and improve sales performance.
- Manage the regular monitoring and reporting of key health metrics and team performance, and spot areas for growth.
- Develop and grow relationships with existing and new channel partners by generating leads and managing the sales process.
- Educate channel partners to effectively position and sell Appointedd.
- Shape and follow Appointedd’s sales process and ensure effective tracking, monitoring, and measuring of the pipeline and sales progress for team and partners.
- Attend industry and partner events, like user groups and conferences, to meet partners and their customers.
- Work closely with Head of Business Development and other internal teams to provide key health metrics for the SME team, and collaborate with marketing teams to coordinate campaigns and demand generation activity.
Who are we looking for?
- A superstar salesperson ready for a big step up.
- The vision and drive to shape a productive sales team.
- A keen commercial awareness and ambition to grow.
- Next-level presentation skills and the ability to communicate across stakeholder groups and different teams.
- Demonstrable sales experience in technology/software/SaaS.
- Strong organisational and project management skills.
- Someone excited by relationship-building and networking.
- An understanding of the dynamics, and demands, of working in a high-growth tech company.
- Experience interacting with partners and resellers.
- Salesforce wizardry.
- Tenacity. Drive. A determination to make changes that impact the business.
- Enthusiasm for the challenge – you want to be a big part of something exciting.
Why should you apply?
- You are keen to take the next step in your career, and are ready for a management position.
- You like taking full ownership of your workload and making a measurable impact on a business.
- You want to be part of a high-paced, dynamic team with big ambitions for the future.
- You want to feel empowered to explore and experiment in a supportive environment.
- You’re interested in being a part of a company that values personal and professional development, and will appreciate the support of a senior management team who can assist you through regular 1:1s and mentorship.
- You want to hang out with a cool team, drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) and snacks provided, every Friday for our weekly show and tell. (Who can say no to that!?) 🍻
- You want a free roll for breakfast every Friday. 🤤
This all sounds great! How do I apply?
If all of the above has given you the urge to fire an application over to us, great! Please send us your CV and a covering letter to Gintare at firstname.lastname@example.org, making sure you explain a bit about why you want to work with us and what you think you can bring to the team.
If your CV is accepted, our interview process normally consists of the following steps:
- 📞 A 15-20 minute phone interview.
- 🏢 A 1 hour competency based interview with two members of our commercial team.
- 💻 A 30 minute role play sales call via video call.
Unfortunately we’re not currently accepting remote applicants so we’ll only be considering those who are currently based within commuting distance of Edinburgh or are willing to relocate.
No recruitment agencies please.