About the company
Based in the heart of Edinburgh and noted as one of the most exciting startups in Scotland, Appointedd is a hugely exciting tech business with big plans for future growth. This is your opportunity to join us on an exciting journey and have a direct influence on our future success, playing a vital role in our team. We’re a passionate and innovative team with an industry-leading product, currently on-boarding household names and breaking into a global marketplace.
We are looking for a Quality Assurance (QA) tester to join the team and take ownership of performing detailed testing on new and existing features to ensure our product is kept to the high standards that our users expect of us.
The QA tester will play a key part in our development process to ensure existing functionality is performing as expected and new features are shipped smoothly and on schedule. There will also be the opportunity to identify and suggest changes to the software based on your testing and user feedback. You’ll work closely with the Software Engineering and Design team to implement and execute test cases for upcoming product changes.
This isn’t QA as you may know it if you’ve worked in a corporate role – we will empower you to identify and address opportunities to improve our UX. You’ll be expected to feed in actively to the smooth running of the software – anything from bugs to quirks is fair game as you’re on a mission to make Appointedd the best online booking solution on the market.
- Testing new product features before release.
- Creating detailed and well structured documentation and test cases for new and existing product features.
- Liaising with customer support team to create detailed issues from bug reports.
- Proactively identify potential technical and UX issues.
- Working closely with the Software Engineering and Design team to implement and execute test cases for upcoming product changes.
What we expect from you
- Desire to learn and pick up new things quickly
- Keen eye for detail
- Great verbal and written communication
- Passion for technology
- Analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude
- Strong organisational skills
- Willing to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in as no two days at Appointedd are the same!
The benefits of working at Appointedd
- We work in a beautiful city centre office, with amazing views of Edinburgh Castle
- You’ll get a MacBook and any equipment you need to do your job
- We can supply any additional training you require
- Your manager will have a technical background and can support you through regular one-to-ones and mentorship
- You’ll have support from a talented and passionate team
- You’ll have empowerment to explore your creative ideas
- You’ll have full ownership of your workload
- Every Friday we have a team breakfast
- We can offer a competitive salary and company share options are also available, dependent on experience.
How to apply
Please apply with your CV and a short covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org highlighting what appeals to you most about the role and what you think you can bring to the team.We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital or disability status.
No recruitment agencies please.