Operations Manager, Compliance
Based in the heart of Edinburgh and noted as one of the most exciting startups in Scotland, Appointedd is an innovative tech business with big plans for future growth. This is your opportunity to join us on an exciting journey and have a direct influence on our future success, playing a vital role in our team. We’re a passionate and innovative team with an industry-leading product, currently onboarding household names and breaking into a global marketplace.
Sounds like the kind of place you want to work?
We’re looking for an Operations Manager focusing on legal and compliance who will jump in with both feet and be able to push forward multiple projects as well as manage their day to day. This role will be varied and always busy, it would suit someone who can not only multitask but also with keen attention to detail. We are a growing and changing company, and we know this role will grow and change too. You may not be an expert in all the areas below, but if you are willing to learn and have a solid operational foundation we are keen to talk to you.
We are ISO 27001 certified and a member of the Cyber Essentials Plus scheme. Our Operations Manager will spearhead all compliance related tasks and processes, and be integral in administering both schemes and looking for ongoing improvements in our Information Security Management System.
As we extend our ever growing customer base we’re looking for our Operations Manager to oversee the pre-sales process which often includes cyber due diligence requests and any contracting discussions.
Legal and regulatory compliance
The regulatory landscape is ever changing and you’ll need to be comfortable getting your head around this to help guide us through it. You’ll become our Data Protection Officer once you’re up to speed, and we’ll need you to research, understand, and advise us on matters relating to GDPR, the CCPA and other regulatory frameworks that may become applicable as we grow. We have access to external support, so we don’t need you to be an expert but we’re keen to have someone that can apply themselves to a challenge and use the resources at hand to help us make the best decisions.
Working with our external support (which includes an accountant and a senior financial advisor) and our internal team (who are responsible for day to day finance tasks) ensure we have the documents and processes that allow us to make robust financially based decisions.
- Reviewing procurement contracts
- Leading/managing ad hoc projects as required
The skills you’ll need to have:
- You’ll be a problem solver who’s able to come up with practical solutions
- You will be able to make decisions and execute on them
- Experience with ISO 27001 will be a huge plus
- You don’t need to be a lawyer but you’ll need to feel comfortable reading and interpreting legal documents
- Being organised! Attention to detail will be vital to succeed in this role
- Analytical skills, with experience using tools such as excel
- You’ll be a starter finisher, managing projects end to end
- You’ll be willing to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in as no two days at Appointedd are the same.
The benefits of working at Appointedd:
- We work in a beautiful city centre office, with amazing views of Edinburgh Castle 👀
- You’ll get an Apple MacBook and any equipment you need to do your job
- Support from a talented and passionate team
- Empowerment to explore your creative ideas
- You’ll have full ownership of your workload
- On Friday we have a team breakfast 🤤
- We also have Friday team drinks and host a company-wide “Show and Tell” 🍻
- We offer a competitive salary and company share options, dependent on experience.
How to apply:
We’re currently working from home in light of Covid-19. We are well positioned to onboard the successful candidate remotely.
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with
- A covering letter that explains why your skill set suits the role requirements. This role is very varied and we understand you won’t have in depth experience in all areas.
- Your CV
- You salary expectations
Our standard working hours are 9-6pm Monday to Friday however we are flexible on hours and working times for this role, we would also consider part time applications. Getting the right person is the most important thing to us.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital or disability status.