Head of Marketing
Here at Appointedd, we’re on a mission to be recognised as the best online booking system in the world by enabling anything, or anyone to be booked (or requested) in as little as two taps! We’d love to hear from driven individuals who would be interested in helping us achieve our goals! 🌎
Who are we?
Appointedd was born in 2011 when our founder and CEO, Leah, then a busy magazine editor, found herself unable to book an appointment with her hairdressers (and who hasn’t been there?). She saw a gap in the market for an easy online booking system. From that idea, Appointedd has grown into an industry-leading product, powering everything from small hairdressers to multi-national household names, and supported by a team of 25+ ambitious, talented people in a lovely Edinburgh office overlooking the iconic Castle.
Our company is being built by a team of incredible people, from a diverse variety of backgrounds. Our CEO started out in the theatre business; we have former teachers, accountants and authors in the teams – all of whom bring their own skills, creativity and passion to Team Appointedd. We value the individual and encourage personal growth.
What we’re looking for:
Appointedd is looking for an innovative and highly driven B2B marketing leader to head up our marketing and growth teams. You’ll be creating and delivering a world-class strategy as well as being hands-on with a range of cross-channel activities, to help support Appointedd during its exciting growth.
Key role and responsibilities:
- Build and lead the delivery of a comprehensive, multi-dimensional marketing plan (digital, PR, events, email, partnerships, offline channels etc.) that powerfully positions Appointedd as the best online booking system in the world.
- Creatively capture and convert the attention of key stakeholders in the market.
- Maximise the qualified marketing funnel, and nurture/convert into pipeline growth and qualified sales leads.
- Lead and inspire a high-performing internal marketing team who will be responsible for day-to-day execution and drive performance from external agencies/freelancers (if required).
- Take full autonomy, ownership and responsibility for marketing – including budgets, team management and strategy
- Build genuine and effective internal relationships with Sales, Product, and Customer Success teams, in order to maximise the impact of marketing across all areas of the business
- Focus on customer acquisition through a powerful demand generation strategy
- Create, track and report on key metrics showing the success and ROI of marketing investments
- Act as a resource for other departments by being the authority on market trends, product strengths/weaknesses, and competitive landscape
- Manage budgets and deploy financial resources in a measured and responsible fashion
- Maintain a very high standard of quality and consistency across all channels
You will need:
- 3+ years Marketing experience
- Some management experience, although talent and passion always win out
- A proven track record of building measurable B2B marketing strategies and communications efforts that deliver against business goals
- Strong understanding on measuring marketing and proving ROI across the full marketing funnel
- To be a natural innovator and proactive problem-solver while having strong organisational, leadership, and strategic thinking capabilities
- To be really familiar with the tools of your trade (Analytics, Marketing platforms, Salesforce, social channels etc) as well as basic IT systems (Google Drive, Slack etc)
- To be invigorated by working in a fun, energetic, (hardcore), one-team-one-goal environment
We’d love it if you had:
- Experience of scaling SaaS B2B businesses
- Experience leading a marketing team, including recruiting and training
- Experience of implementing a strategy on an international scale
- Experience working on channel and/or partner models
- An interest in the flywheel model
Why should you apply?
- You’re interested in marketing the world’s best online booking system! ✨
- You like being given full ownership of your workload whilst being backed by a supportive leadership team
- You get excited to grow the list of companies “Powered by Appointedd”, especially with the world’s best and most well known brands. You’re not afraid to be creative and hustle to make this happen.
- You care about Appoointedd’s brand and how we are portrayed in the public eye
- You are passionate about marketing tools and platforms which will able you to capture and convert high quality leads
- You want to be empowered to explore and experiment in a supportive environment.
- You’re interested in being a part of a company that values personal and professional development. We have a leadership team that can support you through regular management meetings, one-to-ones and mentorship.
- You want to hang out with a cool team, drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) and snacks provided, every Friday for our weekly show and tell. (Who can say no to that!?) 🍻
- You want a free roll for breakfast every Friday. 🤤
This all sounds great! How do I apply?
If all of the above has given you the urge to fire an application over to us, great! Please send us your CV and a covering letter to Gintare at firstname.lastname@example.org, making sure you explain a bit about why you want to work with us and what you think you can bring to the team.
If your CV is accepted, our interview process normally consists of the following steps:
- 📞 A 15-20 minute phone interview.
- 🏢 A 1 hour competency based interview with two members of our team.
- 💻 A follow up task completed via video call or remotely.
If you’d like to learn more about how our product works you can sign up for a free trial here!
Unfortunately we’re not currently accepting remote applicants so we’ll only be considering those who are currently based within commuting distance of Edinburgh or are willing to relocate.
No recruitment agencies please.