Frontend / Full-stack software engineer
About the company
Appointedd is the world’s most flexible online booking software. Empowering entrepreneurs and business owners with beautiful and intuitive online booking and business management tools, Appointedd’s technology is cutting edge.
Based in the heart of Edinburgh and noted as one of the most exciting startups in Scotland, Appointedd is a hugely exciting tech business with big plans for future growth. This is your opportunity to join us on an exciting journey and have a direct influence on our future success, playing a vital role in our team. We’re a passionate and innovative team with an industry-leading product, currently onboarding household names and breaking into a global marketplace.
We are looking for a full stack developer (with a bias towards frontend) to join our small, ambitious team in the centre of Edinburgh. You will focus on improving our existing products and pushing new features across all platforms, but we’ll also want you to thrive in a collaborative environment.
- Maintaining Appointedd’s existing functionality and building new functionality.
- Improving efficiency and implementing performance enhancements.
- Maintaining, improving, and documenting Appointedd’s developer libraries and tooling..
- Designing and building scalable solutions.
- Creating intuitive user interfaces.
Desirable skills and experience
- CSS Preprocessors (we use SASS)
- PHP and frameworks (we use Laravel)
- NodeJS and frameworks (we use Hapi)
- Package managers (we use NPM & Composer)
- Build tools (we use Grunt)
- NoSQL databases (we use MongoDB)
- Git version control
- Issue management software (Github, Jira etc)
- Know your way around a command line
- An eye for software design and UX best practises
- Experience working in an agile development team
- Enjoys developing end-to-end solutions across the frontend and backend
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to learn and pick up new things quickly
- Willing to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in as no two days at Appointedd are the same!
The benefits of working at Appointedd
- We work in a beautiful city centre office, with amazing views of Edinburgh Castle
- You’ll get a MacBook Pro and any equipment you need to do your job
- We can supply any additional training you require
- Your manager will have a technical background and can support you through regular one-to-ones and mentorship
- You’ll have support from a talented and passionate team
- You’ll have empowerment to explore your creative ideas
- You’ll have full ownership of your workload
- Every Friday we have a team breakfast
- We have Friday team drinks and host a company-wide “Show and tell”
- We can offer a competitive salary and company share options are also available, dependent on experience.
How to apply
Please apply with your CV and a short covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org highlighting what appeals to you most about the role and what you think you can bring to the team. Please note that we are currently looking for non-remote applicants only.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital or disability status.
No recruitment agencies please.