Backend / Full-stack Software Engineer
About the company
Based in the heart of Edinburgh and noted as one of the most exciting startups in Scotland, Appointedd is a hugely exciting tech business with big plans for future growth. This is your opportunity to join us on an exciting journey and have a direct influence on our future success, playing a vital role in our team. We’re a passionate and innovative team with an industry-leading product, currently onboarding household names and breaking into a global marketplace.
We are looking for a full stack developer with a keen interest in engineering RESTful APIs, DevOps, and developer tooling to join our small, ambitious team in the heart of Edinburgh city.
We run our infrastructure on AWS and are moving towards fully automated deployments of applications/services with the code as infrastructure tool that AWS provides (CloudFormation). We also make use of a lot of other AWS services such as the Elastic Container Service, Lambdas, and API Gateway.
This would be a great role if you’re interested in working with an extensive AWS stack and building scalable applications/services using modern tooling and workflows.
- Maintaining Appointedd’s existing functionality and building new functionality.
- Maintaining, improving, and documenting Appointedd’s AWS infrastructure.
- Maintaining, improving, and documenting Appointedd’s developer libraries and tooling.
- Designing and building scalable solutions.
- Creating intuitive user interfaces.
Desirable skills and experience
- CSS preprocessors (sass/less)
- Databases (Bonus: NoQSL and/or MongoDB)
- Version Control (Bonus: Git)
- Design & implementation of RESTful APIs
- Design & implementation of scalable applications
- Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment workflows
- End-to-End/Integration/Unit testing
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to learn and pick up new things quickly
- Willing to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in as no two days at Appointedd are the same!
The benefits of working at Appointedd
- We work in a beautiful city centre office, with amazing views of Edinburgh Castle
- You’ll get a MacBook Pro and any equipment you need to do your job
- We can supply any additional training you require
- Your manager will have a technical background and can support you through regular one-to-ones and mentorship
- You’ll have support from a talented and passionate team
- You’ll have empowerment to explore your creative ideas
- You’ll have full ownership of your workload
- Every Friday we have a team breakfast
- We have Friday team drinks and host a company-wide “Show and tell”
- We can offer a competitive salary and company share options are also available, dependent on experience.
How to apply
Please apply with your CV and a short covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org highlighting what appeals to you most about the role and what you think you can bring to the team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital or disability status.
No recruitment agencies please.