Chief Operating Officer
Here at Appointedd, we’re on a mission to be recognised as the best online booking system in the world by enabling anything, or anyone to be booked (or requested) in as little as two taps! We’d love to hear from driven individuals who would be interested in helping us achieve our goals! 🌎
Who are we?
Appointedd was born in 2011 when our founder and CEO, Leah, then a busy magazine editor, found herself unable to book an appointment with her hairdressers (and who hasn’t been there?). She saw a gap in the market for an easy online booking system. From that idea, Appointedd has grown into an industry-leading product, powering everything from small hairdressers to multi-national household names, and supported by a team of over 20 ambitious, talented people in Edinburgh and beyond.
Our company is being built by a team of incredible people, from a diverse variety of backgrounds. Our very own CEO started out in the theatre business; we have teachers, accountants and authors in the teams – all of whom bring their own skills, creativity and passion to Team Appointedd. We value the individual and encourage personal growth.
About the role
We are looking for an amazing Chief Operating Officer (COO) to drive Appointedd’s operations and procedures, ensuring our high growth trajectory continues. This is a strategic hire for us, and the COO will play a critical leadership role in the company. A superstar who will superpower us, you will be core to everything we do. You’ll work closely with the Founding CEO and the leadership team to ensure that the strategy is executed with aplomb to place Appointedd as the gold standard for online booking.
This role will secure the functionality of our business to create flywheels that power efficiency and sustainable growth. Organisation is at the heart of this role, but you’ll be a key part of building the strategy as well as delivering it. You’ll embody our values and get sh!t done, but you’ll also be a big thinker who is excited about how smooth operations can be transformational.
This is a critical role for Appointedd, and the COO will take on much of the day to day responsibilities currently being carried out by the Founder, which in turn will allow them to focus on strategic objectives aligned to growth.
The COO role is a key member of the senior management team, reporting to the CEO. You’ll have to maintain control of diverse business operations, so we expect you to be an experienced and efficient leader who people want to follow.
Given the fast-paced nature of the business, you need to love rolling up your sleeves and being in the trenches with the team.
You will be a dynamic and entrepreneurial individual with a passion for organising the chaos that comes with high growth.
You will enjoy solving problems and have a strong attention to detail. You’ll need to think on your feet, forming plans in an ever-changing environment.
You’ll thrive in a competitive market, in a team that’s punching above its weight.
You’ll be super comfortable with change – the role today will not be the role in 3 months, and definitely won’t be the role in a year’s time.
We’d love it if you have had hard won experience of doing the requirements and responsibilities, but we rank our ‘three As’ in order of importance: Attitude >> Action >> Ability.
- Smart and gets things done
- Learns super quickly and has a growth mindset
- Experience leading teams to success – ideally in a COO or senior operations role
- Recognises the beauty of the flywheel SaaS model, and/or is excited by enterprise B2B
- Collaborative with minimal ego
- Strong understanding of business functions such as HR, Finance, growth etc.
- Experience in strategic planning and business development
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Efficient and organised
- Safe pair of hands
- Excellent leadership abilities
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills – if making decisions gets you fired up rather than drained, this is a great trait to have!
- Set pace for operational function
- Steer the ship to navigate our current inflection point and the growth pains that come with this
- Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth, and help us smash them
- Design and implement policies that promote company culture and vision
- Spot opportunities to further the strategic aims of the business
- Design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures
- Oversee ISO, compliance, finance and legal – the CEO is hands on and happy to collaborate, but ideally she should be focused on driving growth
- Oversee daily operations to ensure streamlined efficiency that enables creativity
- Lead employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication
- Evaluate performance by analysing and interpreting data and metrics
- Participate in expansion activities (investments, acquisitions, corporate alliances etc.)
- Develop and manage relationships with partners, stakeholders and clients
- Collaborate on Board and Management team meetings
- Help navigate our return to office
- Play an active role in growing a world class product and company
- Flexible working policy to support work/life integration – we have a 35hr work week and our core hours are 10am-2pm. You can manage your time outside that however you wish
- EMI Share Options scheme – all Appointedd team members have Share Options so they can directly benefit in the success of the business
- All the equipment you need to do your job – we work on Apple equipment and will provide everything you need
- Mentoring, training, and regular 1:1s to support your personal development
- 28 days holidays that can be taken whenever you’d like (subject to notice and team clashes!)
- Regular team social events – either in-person or virtually when needed
- Borrow My Doggy premium membership to ensure you’ve always got a Best Friend on hand should you need it 😉
- Premium access to CharlieHR Perks at Work programme
This all sounds great! How do I apply?
If all of the above has given you the urge to fire an application over to us, great! Please send us your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com, making sure you explain a bit about why you want to work with us and what you think you can bring to the team. If you’re happy to share, we’d ideally like to know your current salary or salary expectations too.
Things to be aware of
Please ensure any documents you submit (i.e. CV and cover letter) are submitted as PDFs.
We’re an Edinburgh based team though due to Covid-19 are currently working remotely. We have plans to return to the office so we would ideally like you to be in commute-able distance, but won’t require you to be in the office five days a week.
Unfortunately we are unable to offer sponsorship so candidates must have the right to work in the UK.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.