Business Development Executive
Here at Appointedd, we’re on a mission to be recognised as the best online booking system in the world by enabling anything, or anyone to be booked (or requested) in as little as two taps! We’d love to hear from driven individuals who would be interested in helping us achieve our goals! 🌎
Who are we?
Appointedd was born in 2011 when our founder and CEO, Leah, then a busy magazine editor, found herself unable to book an appointment with her hairdressers (and who hasn’t been there?) She saw a gap in the market for an easy online booking system. From that idea, Appointedd has grown into an industry-leading product, powering everything from small hairdressers to multi-national household names, and supported by a team of 18+ ambitious, talented people in a lovely Edinburgh office overlooking the iconic Castle.
Our company is being built by a team of incredible people, from a diverse variety of backgrounds. Our very own CEO started out in the theatre business; we have teachers, accountants and authors in the teams – all of whom bring their own skills, creativity and passion to Team Appointedd. We value the individual and encourage personal growth. Appointedd’s CTO was hired as Appointedd’s first intern, as employee number 2!
What will you be doing?
We are looking for a driven and experienced sales person to join our ambitious team in the centre of Edinburgh. You will be an integral part of the team having a direct impact on the sales pipeline and growth ambitions of Appointedd.
We are a team of high achievers who love problem solving for clients and we enjoy nothing better than telling the world about how amazing Appointedd is. With an in-depth knowledge of our product and a consultative sales approach, you will be able to spot opportunities for growth, convert leads into deals and collaborate with the rest of the sales team to hit our growth targets.
Key role and responsibilities
- Generating new business leads and spotting opportunities for growth across industry
- Work as an integral part of the sales team, lead on early stage opportunities, close deals and collaborate with the wider sales and account management teams on large scale projects including tenders
- Conduct discovery calls to understand and capture customer requirements and business cases, qualify opportunities and manage an individual lead and opportunity pipeline and contribute directly to growth targets
- Create and run demos for customers and feedback to sales team on next steps
- Attend client meetings and represent Appointedd at selected industry and networking events
- Liaise with customers through early stage opportunity, following requests for information and proposal requests.
- Present proposals to customers alongside members of the sales team
Who are we looking for?
- We are looking for someone with an interest in sales, a keen commercial awareness and ambition to grow within our sales team.
- You’ll have excellent presentation and demonstration skills along with strong written communication skills.
- You’ll be able to work well under pressure and understand the dynamics of working in a high growth start-up.
- Your strong organisational skills will help you manage your workload and collaborate well with others.
- You’ll have an experience in SaaS technology and/ or interest in the technology sector.
Why should you apply?
- You like being given full ownership of your workload whilst being backed by a supportive team.
- You care deeply about customers needs and delivering value to them
- You want to be empowered to explore and experiment in a supportive environment.
- You’re interested in being a part of a company that values personal and professional development. Your manager will support you through regular 1:1s and mentorship.
- You want to hang out with a fun and inclusive team, drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) and snacks provided, every Friday for our weekly show and tell. (Who can say no to that!?) 🍻
- You want a free roll for breakfast every Friday. 🤤
This all sounds great! How do I apply?
If all of the above has given you the urge to fire an application over to us, great! Please send us your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com, making sure you explain a bit about why you want to work with us and what you think you can bring to the team.
If your CV is accepted, our interview process normally consists of the following steps:
📞 A 15-20 minute phone interview.
🏢 A 1 hour competency based interview with two members of our commercial team.
💻 A 30 minute role play sales call via video call.
Unfortunately we’re not currently accepting remote applicants so we’ll only be considering those who are currently based within commuting distance of Edinburgh or are willing to relocate.