Automation Software Engineer
About the company
Based in the heart of Edinburgh and noted as one of the most exciting startups in Scotland, Appointedd is a hugely exciting tech business with big plans for future growth. This is your opportunity to join us on an exciting journey and have a direct influence on our future success, playing a vital role in our team. We’re a passionate and innovative team with an industry-leading product, currently onboarding household names and breaking into a global marketplace.
The Automation Software Engineer will play a key part in helping us streamline our internal business and QA processes by shipping systems that will automate regular manual tasks as well as automated QA testing on our core functionality.
You will be empowered to identify areas that could be improved by automation and encouraged to make recommendations when improvements can be made.
- Implementing automated integration and unit testing into existing systems.
- Working across teams to identify areas where systems can be introduced to streamline manual processes.
- Implementing automated alert systems to respond to metrics or events across our infrastructure.
- Implementing internal user interfaces to allow teams to interface with any new automated systems in a user friendly way.
Desirable skills and experience
- Previous experience working within a Software Development team
- Package managers such as NPM or Yarn
- Build tools such as Grunt, Gulp, Webpack etc.
- Experience with AWS services
- NoSQL databases (we use MongoDB)
- GIT version control
- Issue management software (Github, Jira etc.)
- Know your way around a command line
- Experience working in an agile development team
- Enjoys developing end-to-end solutions across the frontend and backend
- Ability to learn and pick up new things quickly
- Great verbal and written communication
- Willing to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in as no two days at Appointedd are the same!
The benefits of working at Appointedd
- We work in a beautiful city centre office, with amazing views of Edinburgh Castle
- You’ll get a MacBook Pro and any equipment you need to do your job
- We can supply any additional training you require
- Your manager will have a technical background and can support you through regular one-to-ones and mentorship
- You’ll have support from a talented and passionate team
- You’ll have empowerment to explore your creative ideas
- You’ll have full ownership of your workload
- Every Friday we have a team breakfast
- We have Friday team drinks and host a company-wide “Show and tell”
- We can offer a competitive salary and company share options are also available, dependent on experience.
How to apply
Please apply with your CV and a short covering letter to email@example.com highlighting what appeals to you most about the role and what you think you can bring to the team. Please note that we are currently looking for non-remote applicants only.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital or disability status.
No recruitment agencies please.