Appointedd was born when founder Leah Hutcheon saw a gap in the market during her time as a busy magazine editor. Growing used to doing everything online, it struck her that the only thing she couldn’t seem to do was book her hairdresser appointments. That was when the idea came about for a tool that would give small service businesses a simple way to get online and gain a competitive edge.
Since that initial spark, Appointedd has evolved into a market-leading and award-winning supplier of online booking and scheduling solutions for businesses of all shapes and sizes, allowing them to take bookings seamlessly from any platform, on any device, in any timezone.
Appointedd now delivers online scheduling for a diverse mix of companies across the globe, from solopreneurs running car valeting companies and photography studios, to a UK PLC and a Silicon Valley security firm that supplies 50% of the Fortune 500.
Driven by a team of smart innovators, Appointedd is focused on enabling our customers to grow their businesses and gain a competitive edge. We share our expertise and knowledge so that our clients can give the best possible experience to their customers. We encourage every member of our team to behave in an entrepreneurial, disruptive way, always looking to find better ways of doing things.
Our philosophy is that time is the most precious commodity your business has, and we want to help you make the most of it.
Awards & accolades
Ranked 19th in the Critical Databases category of the 2018 IP League Table
Ranked 11th in the Brand & Reputation category of the IP League Table
Ranked 5th in the Software category of the 2018 IP League Table
CEO Leah Hutcheon finalist for Entrepreneur of the Year at The Scottish Women’s Awards 2017
CEO Leah Hutcheon runner up for Innovation Entrepreneur of the Year, and winner of Small Business Entrepreneur of the Year in Great British Entrepreneur Awards 2017
Ranked in top 20 for Critical Databases in the IP League Table 2017
Ranked 4th for software in the IP League Table 2017
Shortlisted for a Scottish Business Award 2017
- Scottish Business News Network — Scottish business success stories ‘tie the knot’
- Business Insider — The 29 coolest female startup founders in the UK
- Techworld — Here are 319 women in the UK who could speak at your tech event
- EIN News — UK Tech Firms AppInstitute and Appointedd partner to help businesses streamline online services through their own app
- The Herald — Edinburgh software firm is Appointedd for success
- The Herald — EY names entrepreneur finalists
- OPP.Today — The benefits of scheduling software to improve business efficiency
- The Scotsman — Billy Jones: Is there a reason to get ticked off when the clocks go forward?
- Invest Edinburgh — Appointedd broadens global reach with strategic partnership
- BBC News — Online booking firm Appointedd secures global partnership
- The Scotsman — Appointedd broadens global reach with strategic partnership
- The Herald — Online booking firm Appointedd signs deal with AEVI marketplace
- The Scotsman — Leah Hutcheon: Capital city offers start-up ventures an excellent base
- Spreng Thomson — Leah Hutcheon books 2016 BWS International Growth of the Year award
- The Mail on Sunday — Our virtual receptionists are a hit’: Booking firm Appointedd gets a lift with big US deal
- Insider — Online booking firm Appointedd secures major US deal
- The Scotsman — Bookings app maker has globe in its grasp
- Daily Business — Appointedd lands biggest ever deal with US network
- The Scotsman — Scotland’s top ’40 under 40′ business innovators revealed
- Scottish Business News Network — Leah Hutcheon, CEO & Founder, Appointedd, 36 (40 under 40)
- Scottish Enterprise — Timezones no obstacle for online booking specialists
- Insider — Serendipity and strategy – the start-up dream
- The National — Software firm Appointedd ready for global push after £600k backing form big-name investors
- BBC News — Funding boost for online booking firm Appointedd
- The Scotsman — Skyscanner chief backs Appointedd’s £595k funding